1) is anyone else very excited about this whole frozen sea discovered on mars?! i mean, it’s like science fiction coming to life, yippee! i’m such a closet-scifi-dork and that dork right now is yipping so happily.
2) i did a bunch of movie watching this weekend: the last waltz (incredible!), ray (sucked big-time), bread & tulips (surprisingly good! and in italian, an added bonus), and spinal tap (overrated and most funny afterwards, while reminiscing on favorite lines). i gotta say, though, that fran drescher is smoking in spinal tap – and this outfit of hers? to die for. i’m loving this sweater so much, i gotta gotta figure out how to make it.
3) i’m almost done with a certain knitted project that will not be named. cross your fingers for me — i can’t say any more because i’m a terrible self-jinxer.
4) i finally got off my butt and submitted two book reviews to you grow girl, an online gardening journal, as well as forum, blog, and more – basically a knitty for the gardening-set (and aren’t we all part of that set? or at least want to be?) yeehaw!
5) i sold about half my cd collection this weekend – the half that is both easily replaceable and has no real big emotional attachments. however, $70 for 45 cds left me feeling somewhat like a chump – i mean, i paid easily $500 (over the course of many years) for all those cds! man, somebody’s making a fortune and it is definitely not me. nor is it the artists, i must say.
6) it’s raining. again. i just heard thunder — thank god i taped up that broken window! and yes, i’m the worst procrastinator in the world — you know, i’ll get that window fixed as soon as the rainy season is over. of course.