anyway, coddling this year has come in the form of this lovely sweater. granted, i’ve realized a major difference in what i thought i was knitting: this yarn is oh just a tad (ahem) heavier than the dale svale called for. this results in a bulky knit rather than the streamlined caribbean-light pullover i was going for. i also have some issues with the sausage-y-ness of the arms,
nonetheless, i love this sweater. one of these pics is from work – i got here early for once! and managed to take a pic just before i started working – so please note the stern archival stance in the pic with the green wall.
i’ll try for better pics during lunch, maybe with light!, so stay tuned. done.
for you bloglines readers, the
in other news, one down, many more to come, hopefully. though let’s not forget about other important issues, like supreme court seats..
here’s some links rattling around my brain recently:
- ~ crafty pod – podcast about, duh, crafting [via dioramarama]
- ~ extreme pumpkins, especially this one, which however disturbing is also hilarious
- ~ yummy! (sigh. that name!) will print and bind online pdfs you find. handy.
- ~ blogbinders. their motto, “turn your blog into reality”, is a bit ridiculous, but i can’t help but like the idea. same as yummy!, they’ll print and bind your blog for you, making you a “real” author.
- ~ over 2000 soldiers killed. why?
- ~ stanford’s itunes offers for free a bunch of lectures and talk they have, ranging from amy goodman, cornell west to lawrence lessig, deborah tannen, and alice waters. i hope more schools start doing this kind of thing.
happy weekend to everyone ~
p.s. sorry for the gloomy look! i just realized the background combined with the bad lighting of the pics.. it all looks kinda dark and gloomy around mellowtrouble, i.e. more emphasis on the trouble than the mellow, huh. anyhow, consider it a halloween theme. boo!
i don’t get this whole “criminalizing politics” thing. any help out there? sounds totally bogus to me. never mind, i get it. it is totally bogus.