hi there ~ i’m very glad it’s friday, as i’m sure all of you are, too. i called in sick today. i’ve been feeling really really out of it since getting back from italy, since trying to get ready for school, since my apartment has been overrun with ants (even into the freezer! i find them curled up in little balls at the edge of the freezer).
the best places for bolivian news:
- » Andean Lives by Gregorio Condori Mamani and Asunta Quispe HuamÃ¡n (<a href=http://ist-socrates.berkeley.edu/~dolorier/Gregorio/greg.html>in english</a> // <a href=http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~dolorier/Gregorio/prefacio.html>en castellano</a>)
- » ‘Tambo: Life in an Andrean Village by Julia Meyerson (<a href=http://www.utexas.edu/utpress/excerpts/exmeytam.html>in english</a>)
- » The Hold Life Has: Coca and Cultural Identity in an Andean Community by Catherine J. Allen (info)
- » I Am Rich Potosi: The Mountain That Eats Men by Stephen Ferry
- » Coca, Cocaine, and the Bolivian Reality by Madeline B. LÃ©ons and H. Sanabria
- » Fire from the Andes : Short Fiction by Women from Bolivia, Ecuador, and Peru
- » Precarious Dependencies : Gender, Class, and Domestic Service in Bolivia by Lesley Gill
- » Si me permiten hablar…: testimonio de una mujer de las minas de Bolivia [Let Me Speak! Testimony of Domitila, a Woman of the Bolivian Mines] by Domitila B. De Chungara
- » Pichka Harawikuna : Five Quechua Poets edited by Julio Noriega Bernuy
- » Hotel Bolivia: The Culture of Memory in a Refuge from Nazism by Leo Spitzer
- » I Spent My Life in the Mines: The Story of Juan Rojas, Bolivian Tin Miner by June Nash
- » We Alone Will Rule: Native Andean Politics in the Age of Insurgency by Sinclair Thomson
- » Llamas, Weavings & Organic Chocolate. Multicultural Grassroots Development in the Andes & Amazon of Bolivia by Kevin Healy
humintas are delicious! they look like tamales but they’re better. i’ll try to remember to take pictures the next time i make them.
mmmm, some of my favorite bolivian food. here’s some recipes i’ve collected, mostly from the cookbook ‘epicuro andino’..