so, i’m sick. it’s official. saturday morning i woke up with a slightly scratchy throat. i’m rarely rarely! sick so i just tossed it off and went on with my day. i ate little to nothing that day because a) i was too busy, b) my fridge is a joke (albeit ant-less, hurrah), and c) i have horrible eating habits in general. little did i know as i went to sleep saturday night that my body was plotting some serious payback ~ but yes, sunday morning i woke up to revenge: a very sore throat, an aching head, the phlegmiest cough you ever heard, and a dizzy ‘woah’ feeling every time i stood up. my body is on strike.
- » 1 ounce (30 g) dried porcini mushrooms (cépes)
- » 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- » 1/2 pound (225 g) white mushrooms, trimmed, wiped clean, and sliced 1/4” thick
- » 1 large onion, cut into 3/4” dice
- » 10 small or 8 medium beets (about 1 1/2 lbs.; 675 g), with greens, peeled, quartered, and cut across into 1/4” slices
- » 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut across into 1/4” rounds
- » 1 medium parsnip, peeled and cut across into 1/4” rounds
- » 1 very small or 1/2 large celery root (about 3/4 pound; 360 g), peeled and cut into 1/2” cubes
- » 1 1/2 pounds (675 g) mashing potates, peeled and cut into 1/2” cubes
- » 1/2 small white cabbage (about 3/4 pound; 360 g), cored and shredded
- » 3 large cloves garlic, smashed, peeled and very finely chopped
- » 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- » 1 medium bush dill, fronds only, coarsely chopped
- » 1/2 cup (125 ml) cider vinegar
- » 1/4 cup (50 g) sugar
- » 2 tablesppons kosher salt
- » freshly ground black pepper, to taste
another reason to love wikipedia: its current events page. it lists month-by-month events that happened around the world (though largely concerning the u.s.) with tons of links to entries in wikipedia and elsewhere. also, there’s a column on the right that lists deaths that month, ongoing events, ongoing armed conflicts, upcoming events, upcoming elections, upcoming trials, and more. and for those who care, there’s even a current sports events page.
hi there ~ school starts in two weeks. i am slowly but ever so slowly getting used to that fact.. but now for some fun stuff: i love my ipod. i have a bunch of songs on my ipod with space for lots more. a lot of those songs are from cds i’ve bought, and a lot of those songs are from p2p users. so, that’s what this post is about ~ p2p music and sharing. note: this here is mostly for mac users.
that would make me really happy: